Following the success of our first event in November, we are holding a follow-up debate entitled “Kurdistan: Why International Support is Crucial”.
- SOAS, University of London, Lecture Theatre G2
- Friday 27th November, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
The guest panellists are:
- Dr Alan Semo– UK Representative, Democratic Union Party (PYD)
- Farhad Marf– Head of Gorran National Relations in the UK
- Khasrow Ajgayi– Deputy Head of Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) in the UK
- Hawar Haji– Head of Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) in the UK
- John Rees– National Officer of the Stop the War Coalition and Spokesman for the People’s Assembly Against Austerity
We hope to again initiate and facilitate an in-depth discussion on the Kurdish demand for international support for Kurdistan in light of recent developments in the region. The Islamic States’ violent offensive continues to have grave repercussions for the security and welfare of the citizens both regionally and globally. The event aims to highlight the international community’s responsibility to further assist the Kurds in Iraq and Syria and provide relief to the innumerable and increasing number of victims of this unforgiving war.