On Sunday 19th October 2014, C4K have organised a charity evening in Notting Hill, London at the Portobello pop up cinema. It is a free event with a wonderful program that includes an exclusive film screening, a seminar, silent art auction, songs and poetry.
Doors will open at 6.00pm until 10.30pm
The programme is:
- Psychological Effects of Genocide seminar: with Mohammed Haider MA, Dr Shko Shorsh and Professor Brian Brivati
- Art Exhibition by Dr Osman’s ‘Documenting the Anfal Genocide Through Drawing’: Drawings from direct interviews with survivors of the genocide
- Silent Art Auction: Painters from Kurdistan and Britain have donated works to go towards the total amount raised on the evening
- Exclusive film screening ‘A Kurdish Winter’: Stories from the Al-Anfal genocide told from the mouths of those who experienced it.
- Songs & Poetry: A variety of acts will perform melancholic Kurdish songs and spoken word poetry in English
Hosted By KaeKurd
Free Admission (Suggested donation of £5)
All proceeds from donations and auction will go towards the charities: Rwanga Foundation and the Kurdish Red Moon (Heyva Sor A Kurdistane)
Sponsored by Shapost
Media sponsor: Telgraf Newspaper