- Saturday 15th November 2014
- 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- SOAS, University of London, Lecture Theatre G2 (details below)
Guest panellists taking part in the debate include:
- Dr Alan Semo – UK Representative of the Democratic Union Party (PYD)
- Bayan Sami Rahman – KRG High Representative to the UK
- Michael Stephens – Deputy Director of RUSI Think Tank in Qatar
- Dr Marianna Charountaki – Author of the critically acclaimed book, ‘The Kurds and US foreign policy: International Relations in the Middle East since 1945’
More panellists to be confirmed.
We hope to initiate and facilitate an in-depth discussion on the Kurdish demand for international support vis-à-vis Kurdistan in light of recent developments in the region. Needless to say, the Islamic States’ violent offensive has grave repercussions for the security and welfare of the citizens both regionally and globally. For this reason, the event aims to shine light on the international communities’ responsibility to further assist the Kurds in Iraq and Syria as a measure of combating the spread of IS and providing relief to the innumerable victims of this unforgiving war.
Venue: SOAS, University of London, Lecture Theatre G2 – SOAS, University of London, Thornhaugh St, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
Nearest tubes: Russell Square, Euston
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org +44 7985 606949 / +44 7951 052348