Erbil: 28th, 29th August
Sulaimani: 31st August, 1st September
The Kurdistan Careers Conference 2012 (KCC2012) will be the first event of its kind in Iraq to create a forum that brings together students, graduates and professionals with local and foreign companies operating in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq to explore employment opportunities. KCC2012 will bridge the employment gap that exists between skilled graduates and professionals and the private sector of the Kurdistan Region, as well as contribute towards the development of a more professional, transparent and structured labour market.
The two events, in Erbil and Sulaimani, will combine a jobs fair with workshops and discussion panels on topics such as returnees’ experiences, professional networking and starting a business.
KCC2012 aims to:
- Set a precedent in the Kurdistan Region and Iraq by bringing together companies and organisations with students, graduates and professionals for a career focused event.
- Link education with business and industry to enable School-to-Career transition.
- Provide local and foreign companies with access to a talent pool of skilled individuals while at the same time opening up employment opportunities for job seekers.
- Encourage entrepreneurship with the support of local banks and microfinancing organisations.
- Highlight the importance of career focused events for the commercial development of the country.
- Collaborate with local universities to establish careers services.
- Establish an information network for locals and expats to share information about employment opportunities and events and on adjusting to the local environment.
KCC2012 is a not-for-profit event and the organising committee is working on a voluntary basis. All funding for the event is secured from sponsorship by companies and organisations operating in Iraq. These include: North Bank of Iraq, IQ Jobs, Afren, WesternZagros, American University of Iraq, KRG Department of Information Technology, Coca Cola Iraq and Mandarina.
For more information go to: http://kurdistancareers.com/